- Orion work on a time and resources basis, meaning that we will only charge for the work we actually do. If we complete the work in fewer days than our quotation, you will be billed for less time – however, if for reasons beyond the control of Orion, such as non-cooperation of trading partners in the testing phase, or changes to the defined application interface files after mapping work has started, the work takes longer than estimated, this will be charged in addition. In the event that this looks like becoming the case, project management will be informed of the problems and the reasons in advance.
- Any cancellation of work within 48 hours of the booked date will be chargeable at the full rate, and unrecoverable expenses related to that visit will also be chargeable.
- Invoices for work will be despatched on the Friday of each week in which work is carried out. Invoice terms are 30 days from the invoice date. Inability to meet these invoice terms will result in a delay in consultancy work carried out, and in the case of repeated default will result in support being suspended for the site.
- Reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation in the event that this is required will be added to each invoice.
- A product licence allows for the installation of one production environment only. There is no limit on machine size. Test, backup, DMZ or other such environments do not incur additional software licence charges, but do incur an additional maintenance charge for each environment supported by Orion. There are no limitations on client, monitor or mapper installations. In the event that a second production environment is required, this would be chargeable at that point.
- The use of the production environment is restricted to the company to which the software is sold. Should the company wish to use its PathFinder system to handle data for other companies, whether within the same commercial group or independent third parties, then an additional licence fee will be payable.
- Software maintenance is payable annually in advance. This covers all future upgrades, both major and service pack releases. Maintenance also allows access to our help desk by email or phone for questions concerning software problems only. Should a greater level of support be required, then several options are available – please ask for our document on support options for further clarification of these.
- The software maintenance price quoted is the price for the first year, and may increase after that point. Longer contracts for software maintenance are available to fix the price for longer periods.
- Should the maintenance contract be allowed to lapse by the customer for a period greater than 3 months, the maintenance contract will be terminated. No future upgrades or support will be provided. Should a customer in such a position request an upgrade they will be charged 50% of the software price of their level of PathFinder at the time of the request.
- The support desk is open during UK business hours (09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Thursday, 09:00 to 16:15 on Friday).