This one day course is aimed at those who are new to the world of Data Exchange and EDI. Customers who are unfamiliar with data structures, data syntaxes and messages used within both traditional EDI and contemporary data exchange messages such as XML will also benefit from this course.
The course provides an excellent foundation from which to access further training in Orion’s PathFinder range of products.
The Introduction to EDI and Data Structures training course includes:
- Definitions and Terminology: (EDI, maps, templates etc)
- File structure: fields and records
- Sending business documents in files
- File syntaxes: 3 types (flat, delimited, XML)
- Flat files – origin, types, examples and practical exercise
- Delimited files – origin, separators, examples and practical exercise
- XML – tags, codepages, white space, example and practical exercise
- Message standards in all 3 syntaxes – with examples
- Envelopes – business documents & identifier fields